Thursday, May 21, 2009

after the hiatus / and i'm broke

I hate apologizing for not blogging, but I do feel an explanation is required as to why there has been a substantial lack of posting my yours truly.

Finals. And a new job.

Hopefully, that's about all the explanation you need (mostly because that's all you're gonna get).

Anyway, continuing on.

One of the things that frustrates me the most is that when I have a lot of spare cash lying around, I have no idea what to do with it. However, when I'm short on cash, or when I'm trying to save money (as is the case currently), I can easily find all manner of things upon which to blow inordinate amounts of dough. I'll refer to both situations as 'broke' simply because I have no money to spend on smaller things.

I'm currently in the market for a Boss DD-20 Giga Delay twin pedal. It's essentially the last part to complete the sound package I would 'need' to be exactly where I want to be in terms of effects.

Normally the DD-20 retails for around $220, but I'd like to find one on Ebay for around $100. So far, I've found quite a few of them, but they've all been going for around $120. I really don't want to spend more than that.

It takes some patience. The good thing is that the DD-20 is not necessary to the way I play; the digital delay features on the Boss GT-3 I currently use fulfills that role within my sound adequately. The DD-20 would simply take me to the next level; modularizing the delay and packaging it in a more controllable unit.

I can wait; time is on my side.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

lol. i get frustrated too when i have gobs of cash laying around. luckily that is not often...lol.